Last Updated: 23 April 2020
By posting content in public areas on the Niche Freelance Platform, you agree to abide by these guidelines and all other Niche Freelance policies. We reserve the right to remove any content, in whole or part, that violates these guidelines or for any other reason at our sole discretion.
In the event of repeated or severe violations, we may suspend or permanently deactivate or cancel the Account(s) in question.
You can flag or contact us about posts that appear to violate these content guidelines.
Niche Freelance does not allow:
- Advertising or other commercial content, company logos, links, or company names;
- Spam, unwanted contact, or content that is shared repeatedly in a disruptive manner;
- Content that transmits or contains viruses, causes pop-ups, attempts to install software without the reader’s consent, or otherwise impacts readers with malicious code;
- Content that endorses, condones or promotes illegal or harmful activity, or that is profane, vulgar, obscene, threatening, or harassing;
- Intimidation or threats including death threats against another person or group of people or content encouraging your readers to take violent action against another person or group of people;
- Illegal sexual content, including images or videos that contain nudity or sexual activity;
- Content that is discriminatory;
- Attempts to impersonate another person, account, or entity, including a representative of Niche Freelance;
- Content that is illegal or that violates another person’s or entity’s rights, including intellectual property rights and privacy rights and rights relating to confidential information;
- Content that refers to the details of a Niche Freelance investigation;
- Content that is sufficient to identify a listing’s location or other content that may pose a personal safety risk to Niche Freelance or any Member or third party.
In addition to the above, the following guidelines apply to specific types of content on the Niche Freelance Platform:
- Listings and profiles: Content that is fraudulent, false, misleading, or deceptive
a. Reviews that do not represent the author’s personal experience;
b. Reviews incentivised by a promise for payment, additional services, or a discounted rate;
c. Reviews motivated by a threat of extortion (review our Extortion Policy)
a. Content that is off-topic, doesn’t ask a question, or doesn’t offer knowledge in response to a question as part of a larger discussion
b. Trolling or repeatedly targeting Members
Enforcement of Content Policy
Please report suspected policy violations to us by sending an email to email@example.com
Our team reviews any user flags for policy violations. If the content does not violate our policies, we will not take any action against the content or the relevant Member.
We take one or more of the following actions based on the severity of the violation:
- Delete the offending content, post or review;
- Disable the relevant Member’s access to their Account;
- Disable the relevant Member’s access to other Members’ Account (or part thereof);
- Report the relevant Member to law enforcement.